In part 2 of my podcast discussion with Rachel Rofé, we talked about how to make friends with people you just met. We focused on how you can turn a contact you met through a networking event into a potential friend. Rachel named this episode “Make Awesome Friends.”
Here are a few things we talked about:
- Why you need to be more strategic throughout the friend-making process and surround yourself with people who elevate and inspire you.
- How to use ‘hook points’ to naturally steer a conversation towards exchanging contact information and precisely what to say.
- Why leveraging activities you are already doing is the perfect invite strategy and how to create pressure-free group outings even if you’re brand new to a location.
- My weekly habit for following up with people and what to do if they don’t respond.
- How showing a little vulnerability can go a long way towards establishing strong, long-term friendships
If you haven’t listened to part 1, you can find it here.
I hope you enjoy our conversation. I sure enjoyed talking with Rachel. Don’t forget to subscribe to her podcast, too.
– Paul Sanders