If you have trouble meeting new people and making friends with the best of them, then you’re about to find out why IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT. Read on…
By the way, you can make more friends than you think it’s possible for you, by learning the techniques I share with you in my book “Get The Friends You Want”.
Before we get into some smooth techniques for meeting new friends, let’s understand why it’s been hard to do until now.
Why It’s Not Your Fault If You Can’t Meet Interesting New Friends
Among many reasons…
1. Your parents probably didn’t teach you to make friends as an ADULT! Which is a different skill, compared to making friends as a kid.
2. Making friends is a step out of your “comfort zone”, you feel emotionally vulnerable when you meet new people, and that’s not easy to change.
3. Wishy washy advice on how to make friends is too general and can’t be applied. You need SPECIFIC steps and CLEAR strategies for meeting, and making friends with great people.
Making the right friends can make your life ten times more enjoyable.
With great friends, you can share your life stories and experiences, learn new things, and have the fun of your life during weekends, trips, and adventures.
It’s way better than just accepting to spend your time in a lonely and dull state, while you know you deserve better than that.
Now, the most important thing you can do is LEARN to to meet new people who you actually WANT to spend time with.
How To Meet New People Quickly
To simplify, let’s break it down to 6 important steps…
1. Decide on a subject/ interest/ hobby/ sport you LOVE
2. Find forums or meetup groups ABOUT that subject
3. Select interest groups which MEET regularly to discuss the subject
4. Attend their meetings.
5. Talk about stuff like: when you started to like the subject/hobby, how often you do it, people you know that do the same thing, and similar.
6. Jump to conversation topics that have nothing to do with the main interest.
If your mind goes blank on “step 1”, look for interest groups in your area and choose one or two that seem the most interesting.
This is all you have to do to meet new people. And you can talk to as many people in these events as you think or feel is enough.
How To Kick-Start The Friendship (A Crucial Piece)
Some people do what I just told you and STILL can’t create new friendships. And that’s because they don’t know a simple, but CRUCIAL tip, that you’re about to know:
Having ONE commonality with someone is NOT enough… You need 2 commonalities to create a friendship.
When you go to the social gatherings and start meeting new people, look for things that you have in common OTHER than the main subject of the meeting.
The formula goes like this:
First Commonality + Second Commonality = Potential Friendship
Most people think they need ONE commonality with a person, to create a friendship. And it can get frustrating and lonely when they actually meet interesting people but can’t make friends with them.
Now that you know this crucial tip, you can discover even more pieces to your success in getting the friends you want in your life.
If you want to learn how to overcome your emotional blocks which prevent you from meeting people, and more specific techniques on how to meet interesting people and make friends, then get yourself a copy of my eBook, “Get The Friends You Want”.
Start Learning Here
See you inside,
– Paul Sanders
Author, Get The Friends You Want